Got Questions

Are you trying to figure out what is really true and if Jesus is the way? I've spoken to many muslims, unbelievers and unsaved believers. If you want to contact me with any question regarding your salvation, I welcome that: abiblicalchristian@gmail.com

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Seeking the Truth and Fearing the Lord

God instructs us throughout the bible to have a fear of the Lord.  With that comes a love of truth which leads us to our belief, our faith in God.  Our faith is what makes us righteous in God's eyes.  If we believe in Jesus Christ we are set apart from those that do not and do evil.  We all sin but we are accounted as Righteous by our Faith in Jesus Christ:



(Heb 13:6 [KJV])
So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

(Prov 22:4 [KJV])
By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.

The Fear of the Lord defined from the Bible

(Prov 8:13 [KJV])
The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

(Prov 15:33 [KJV])
The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.


(Prov 16:6 [KJV])
By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

(Prov 19:23 [KJV])
The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.


(Prov 9:10 [KJV])
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Today we are given the power, love and a sound mind through the Holy Spirit:
(2Tim 1:7 [KJV])
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

(Prov 15:16 [KJV])
Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith.




(Lev 19:14 [KJV])
Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the LORD.

(Matt 13:41 [KJV])
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;



(Prov 1:7 [KJV])
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Prov 1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; Isa 65:12; Isa 66:4; Jer 13:10; 25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: 26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; 27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Job 27:9; Job 35:12; Isa 1:15; Jer 11:11; Jer 14:12; Ezek 8:18; Mic 3:4; 28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: 29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: 30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. 31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices. 32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.8  33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.








(Num 14:9 [KJV])
Only rebel not ye against the LORD, neither fear ye the people of the land; for they are bread for us: their defence is departed from them, and the LORD is with us: fear them not.



Conclusion:


We find comfort as Christians in the Holy Spirit:

(Acts 9:31 [KJV])
Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.


Fear the Lord and love the truth

(2Thess 2:7 [KJV])
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

(2Thess 2:8 [KJV])
And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

(2Thess 2:9 [KJV])
Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

(2Thess 2:10 [KJV])
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

(2Thess 2:11 [KJV])
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:



(Luke 12:4 [KJV])
And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

(Luke 12:5 [KJV])
But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

(Heb 13:6 [KJV])
So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.


(Isa 46:9 [KJV])
Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

(1John 2:15 [KJV])
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.


(1Pet 3:15 [KJV])
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:


No comments:

Post a Comment