Got Questions

Are you trying to figure out what is really true and if Jesus is the way? I've spoken to many muslims, unbelievers and unsaved believers. If you want to contact me with any question regarding your salvation, I welcome that: abiblicalchristian@gmail.com

Friday, June 14, 2013

Revelation 3 The Lukewarm Christian

Because Revelation 3:15-17 states the following:

(Rev 3:15 [KJV])
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

(Rev 3:16 [KJV])
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

(Rev 3:17 [KJV])
Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:


So what is the lukewarm person?  If someone says that they are rich and need nothing and do not know that they are wretched and miserable and poor, and blind and naked....this person will be spued out of the mouth of Jesus.

I don't want to add or take away from these verses but it seems to me that someone that is hot is someone that is devoted to God.  Realizing that you need God and that Jesus is the only way for us humans and that without Him we are not good.  We need God and we are wretched, but by faith we are righteous.


I've read some teachings that seem to define what hot, cold and lukewarm is that is different from what the book of Revelation actually states.  To all those I would say that you are adding to the book of Revelation and there are repercussions when you do that.  False teachers twist the gospel to fit their doctrines.  The doctrines that do this typically attract members through carnal means and play down on the importance of repenting of our sins and focusing on the spirit not on the world.