Got Questions

Are you trying to figure out what is really true and if Jesus is the way? I've spoken to many muslims, unbelievers and unsaved believers. If you want to contact me with any question regarding your salvation, I welcome that: abiblicalchristian@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

How Has Becoming a New Creation Changed Your Life?


What is your story?

We know by the words Jesus spoke that we are to become a new creation.  As believers we have the Holy Spirit indwelling our bodies and it follows that we are convicted of our sins thereby our habits and desires for things of the world shrivel.  We become new creatures.  Some probably to more or less of a degree than others, but I believe the Gospel teaches that all believers become saved and saved believers have the Holy Spirit indwelling them.  If we feed on the word of God daily and pray daily and attempt to die to the flesh daily the change in our being is pronounced in most cases.


For me, I grew up a Christian but did not read the Bible or pray much at all.  I was not close to God nor did I even know that was a problem.  All the crazy events in the world going on these days drive many to look for the truth in the world.  It seems we can't trust the mainstream news outlets.  But if we fill our lives with internet surfing, facebook drama, distractions of spectator sports and our hobbies then we lose precious time needed to gain wisdom from the Bible, prayer and living a life intended to be holy.  We don't take the time to think about all our daily sins and repent as we should.

After realizing that the Bible was really true in all its parts, I woke up.  The thought that went through my mind was, "dang, I've never even read the Bible.  I think God would be very angry at me for not reading and studying the Bible.  That is another supernatural gift he gave the world.  All the prophecy both fulfilled and unfulfilled, the story of the life and ministry of Jesus Christ, His sacrifice on the cross as a propitiation for the sins of the world, and the hope that believers have and look forward to after our earthly lives are complete.


This deep undertanding was more fully understood for me when I finally discovered listening to Paul Washer that God really did have to send his son, Jesus in the flesh to live a perfect life because God cannot lift up the wicked.  We are all wicked and vile without God.  God is just and he will not lift up sinners.  With the propitiation that Jesus Christ provided we that believe in Him are set apart as righteous through our faith in Jesus Christ. There is nothing we can do to secure our salvation.  It truly is a gift from God the Father through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.



There was a time when I believed that the most important thing in the world for my purpose was to have a fun life.  If I would have understood that our life here is just a vapor that will lead to everlasting life or everlasting damnation then I would have thought about things differently in my past ways.

Jesus died to save the world, and all that believe in him are saved.  And it had to be Him.  He died with criminals and as a criminal, yet he never sinned.  That is some powerful love.


Now the big things in my life that have changed are that I don't listen to music or watch TV.  We canceled cable.  We stopped seeking out a church that we thought would be good enough.  We started doing Home Church at our house and that has been a great spiritual growth experience.  I read the Bible daily, pray daily, and notice my sins I believe immediately and repent as soon as possible.

One major trait I've noticed (my wife and daughter too have noticed) is that I don't seem to goof around all the time.  I know that may not sound like a good thing, but this is something that has happened and I believe it is for the good. I don't typically occupy my mind with silly thoughts.  Occasionally I find something funny to say, but it usually has something to do with false religions and how ridiculous those are.  I think my daughter will survive, but she did say that I'm not funny anymore.  Something else that has changed is that my daughter tells me that she loves me almost every night before she goes to bed.  That is much better to hear than her laughing at my old silly jokes.


Desire for Career:

I don't have a burning desire to climb the corporate ladder, or become a travelling consultant.  Also, I've given up my insane focus I had on trying to come up with ways to make a lot of money.  I thank God for the job I do have and I'm fine with just that.




My love for God and knowledge of the Bible and prayer life is stronger than ever.  I have a fire that I do not believe will ever go away.  That fire is for God and living as an obedient child.



Share the story of your change.  What things do you do now that you didn't before and what things have you cast off?

No comments:

Post a Comment